Up until the last three years, you had devoted your life to being a mom raising children. Now that your children are grown, one a college graduate pursuing a music career and the other a college senior applying to graduate school, you are finding it difficult to stay connected. In an effort to make sure that you are able to find a way to capture a few weekends away, you have made reservations at a couple of southern campgrounds that were your favorites when the kids were little.
After spending so much time together during the formative years of your children, it is difficult to handle the distance between all of you now. You were always the type of mother who helped her children discover their passion and you hope that revisiting these southern campgrounds can bring back some great memories, as well as create new ones.
Family campgrounds are the perfect locations for mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers to reconnect. Finding the right location, in fact, can make all of the difference. With the help of the online sites, however, you have spent time picking locations that will be a great mix of relaxation and activities that everyone in the families enjoy. From sitting beside the water reading a favorite book to taking a hike through the woods, the southern campgrounds should be the perfect solution.
From the most well appointed camp resorts to the relaxed and laid back southern campgrounds, finding the right location to reconnect with your family can be a great decision. Whether it is for a short three day weekend or a full week off work, finding the way to get your family together is able can be a great way to reconnect. Consider some of these facts and figures about the camping industry in America:
- Shady campsites are a real draw for families with younger children. Having a place out of the sun to rest during the day and a cool spot to sleep at night is a great decision.
- The statistics show that the majority of surveyed campers indicate they are planning an average of 4.9 camping trips this year. Another 66% of these campers indicated that they are planning three or more trips this year.
- A very easy way to try out camping is by reserving a basic tent camping space. In fact, the most basic campsites sometimes do not even require reservations very far in advance.
- Yearly camping trips are a great way to create family traditions.
- In one set of survey results, 12% of adult camping participants indicated that they first went camping with their immediate family members.
- No surprise, 13% of adult participants indicated that they camped because they wanted to spend more time with their families.
- Getting outside is good for your health. In fact, an increasing number of studies show that making sure your children spend time outside is a real advantage for them.
- Campers, on average, travel an average distance of 186.7 miles for the camping trips that they take.
- Online reservations make it easy to find the camping locations that you will be the best fit for your family.
- Nothing is better than a quiet evening under the stars enjoying the warmth of a campfire with family and friends.
- New camping equipment is another reason that some people get ready to make a new set of camping trips scheduled.
- Estimates indicate that 99% of camping participants said they were ?likely? or ?very likely? to camp next year, according to a American Camping Report from the year 2014.
- Camping, for the most part, is done at public camping sites. In fact, 70% of camping is done in public campgrounds.
- The fact families camp means that you might be creating a a yearly event after they experience their very first family vacation campground.
- Every outdoor experience can be a learning experience.
- Do you have your next family camping trip planned yet?
There are many reasons that families go camping, but one of the most frequently noted is STAYING CONNECTED. If you are looking for a way to spend time together before the winter arrives, you might also decide that you are ready to make some campsite reservations.