If you are building a new recreational vehicle site (RV site) or are trying to spread the word about one that has been around for a while, there are things you should definitely do to get more business at the site. The first thing you need to do is start with a great RV site design. No amount of marketing will help you keep visitors at a bad RV site design so making sure you are offering people a good RV campground should be your starting point. Once you have the right RV site design complete, you can work on your marketing strategy.
- Develop partnerships with local RV dealerships and businesses that cater to campers. There are many places that sell camping gear and food. Work out a deal where you have your cards and coupons in a prominent location. You can reciprocate by having their coupons and business information at the check on area of your RV park information and check in counter. If you include similar businesses in your recommendations for what to you in your area, you can form strong partnerships. It is also a good way to generate goodwill among local businesses. Everyone can use some good karma.
- Develop partnerships with websites that offer goods and services to RV owners. They can link to your site and you should link to theirs. This is a great way to drive traffic to your site and to theirs. Often, the companies who cater to your audience will need little persuading to see the value in cross promotions. Start by reaching out to the sites you like for gear, equipment and supplies you like to use when you are taking part in an RV vacation.
- Go to local events. Most areas have events that target the local community. Have a booth at the local farmers’ market. If your town, city or area has local festivals, that is a great way to spread the word about what you are doing and what services you offer. When people in your area or city look for a weekend away, that may opt to spend some time at your RC site and tell their friends and family to do the same.
- Offer details for return clients, people who like and follow you on social media and who are on your mailing list. If people like your Facebook page, follow and retweet you on twitter, belong to your loyalty club and get your newsletters, give them some amount off their bill for the services you provide. This is an easy way to get people to use and respond to your social media accounts and help you spread the word about you and your business.
- Use your social media. Place specials and deals on your Facebook page. Tweet about the current deals and specials. Interact with your friends and followers. People like to interact with businesses on social media. Many companies have good experiences with their Facebook friends and Twitter followers. If you respond to the tweets you send and the messages they post, you show would be customers that you care about their needs and want their business. This can go a long way for your RV site design and marketing plan.
- Buy online ads. You can have the best RV site design around but that does you no good if no one knows where and what it is. Buy ads on Facebook, Twitter and in Google searches. Most people look online for their vacation options and this can be an economical way to spread the word about your business. Facebook ads can help you reach thousands and thousands of people who are looking for the services that you provide.
- Do not ignore the traditional media. As good as online media is, many people still get their news from traditional sources. Host a grand opening or open house at your RV site and invite the local media. It is much easier to get the press to cover a real event. Send out a press release about your event and then make followup calls to your local media outlets.
People will not come to your business if they do not know about it. These tips can help you spread the word.